Where would a description about the rectangular selection go?

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
SparkyCola

Where would a description about the rectangular selection go?

Post by SparkyCola »

Hi,
I've recently contributed a minor change of the rectangular selection to FreeCAD which will, when drawn from right to left objects even when their only partly inside of the box, when drawn from left to right it will do the usual selection where only the fully boxed objects are selected. This might be a confusing behaviour if you don't know about it, or nice if knew about because you read the manual/wiki.
My question is where it should be, I mean it would obviously need to be in the Sketcher Wiki page, but does it also go into the tutorial and the manual, or perhaps on an separate page about selection (there might be some more stuff, f.e. the same selection-feature is already in the part design)?

Just realized that I thought too fast when I was typing the title and didn't check :shock:, maybe a moderator could fix it to something that is not missing words and letters, thanks in advance.
Last edited by SparkyCola on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: I where would a description about the rectangular selectio go?

Post by chrisb »

SparkyCola wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:02 pm maybe a moderator could fix it to something that is not missing words and letters
You can edit a post yourself: Click on the pencil edit symbol in the right upper corner of the post.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
SparkyCola

Re: I where would a description about the rectangular selectio go?

Post by SparkyCola »

chrisb wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 pm
SparkyCola wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:02 pm maybe a moderator could fix it to something that is not missing words and letters
You can edit a post yourself: Click on the pencil edit symbol in the right upper corner of the post.
Thanks, done