Dead links to video tutorial

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bitminer

Dead links to video tutorial

Post by bitminer »

FreeCAD: BSpline edit mode + Extrude : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD3OWgSC5y0

at

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Video_tutorials

is a dead link (This video is unavailable) why even have these if they are all dead links?
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Dead links to video tutorial

Post by NormandC »

bitminer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm why even have these if they are all dead links?
Because developers spend their time programming, not documenting. Because an extremely tiny fraction of FreeCAD users GIVE BACK to the project. Those who do are OVERWHELMED.

Are YOU willing to help updating that wiki page?

:roll:
Last edited by NormandC on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bitminer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm (This video is unavailable) why even have these if they are all dead links?
I have moved this to a new topic (was in "How to get wiki editing permissions)
Feel free to change the subject line of the first post.

Concerning your question: The FreeCAD forum has no control over youtube. And we can be glad that vice versa youtube has no control over the FreeCAD forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @bitminer.

Thanks for reporting. Due to FreeCAD being a huge project the amount of code, documentation, forum help, translation related work ... done is also huge. With such scale it is normal for not everything to be always up to date. Feel free to contribute and by doing that improving the overall condition.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Well since bitminer is not interested in giving back, I decided to take up one more task (because I don't have enough on my plate already :roll: ) and updated the Video tutorials page myself.

You're welcome.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Thank you. For the contributing part.

P.S. As for the rest. If everybody would react to detected issues being reported in such way. That would result in counter productive climate quickly. If you have too much on your plate already. Leading to things like frustration or being burned out. Don't add more to it.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Yawn. Whatever.