Updated Part Design 0.17 documentation

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abdullah
Veteran

Updated Part Design 0.17 documentation

Post by abdullah »

First at all sorry if this is not the right forum/subforum.

I have shown a friend FreeCAD and he is very much interested in learning PartDesign v0.17. He has asked me if I could provide him with documentation. He must pay per MB, so he is interested in written documentation and preferably offline documentation. While reading from the wiki is in the border of what is acceptable, bandwidth hungry youtube is out of question. About the language either EN, DE, ES or PT would do for him.

I know about Yorik's book and in a cursory google search I have found several tutorials in PDF. However, all that documentation is for older versions of PartDesign.

Could anyone help me out here, how should I advise my friend?

Thanks in advance,
abdullah.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: Updated Part Design 0.17 documentation

Post by HarryGeier »

what about an USB Stick with collected stuff to learn.. ?
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

HarryGeier wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:08 am what about an USB Stick with collected stuff to learn.. ?
Thanks!

That is definitely a means for overcoming the pay per use issue. I could bring one of those in my next visit. :)

If the answer is that there is no written offline documentation for v.17, then the next question is: do we have an index, resource or post of v0.17 PartDesign documentation/tutorial/video? Then I could download that and save it in a USB stick.
tommeyers

Post by tommeyers »

The wiki pages can be printed to .pdf's; see menu on left side of page.

Then you can .zip them and e-mail the .pdf's and although there will be connection charges it will be quick to send/receive and they can be browsed without be connected.

Tom
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

abdullah wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:00 pm PartDesign documentation/tutorial/video? Then I could download that and save it in a USB stick.

You can download all sorts of videos from Ytb. I would do you a favour and send you my german course documentation for him. It´s not Public Domain but in this case i would give you one for him. It´s a bunch od powerpoint pagess, step by step powerpoint videos , files etc.. it´s GERMAn.. but you wrote that is ok for him.
It´s 0.17 based.
Send me a PM if you want to have it for the stick...
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

HarryGeier wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:41 pm
abdullah wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:00 pm PartDesign documentation/tutorial/video? Then I could download that and save it in a USB stick.

You can download all sorts of videos from Ytb. I would do you a favour and send you my german course documentation for him. It´s not Public Domain but in this case i would give you one for him. It´s a bunch od powerpoint pagess, step by step powerpoint videos , files etc.. it´s GERMAn.. but you wrote that is ok for him.
It´s 0.17 based.
Send me a PM if you want to have it for the stick...
Thank you. PM sent. :D
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

tommeyers wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 pm The wiki pages can be printed to .pdf's; see menu on left side of page.

Then you can .zip them and e-mail the .pdf's and although there will be connection charges it will be quick to send/receive and they can be browsed without be connected.

Tom
This could also be helpful. I did not know about the option of PDF printing. Is there a way of doing it recursively? For example I have generated the PDF of the Sketcher WB, but it does not include the pages linked in that page...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

abdullah wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:54 pm Is there a way of doing it recursively?[/b] For example I have generated the PDF of the Sketcher WB, but it does not include the pages linked in that page...
Perhaps Ulrich can help. He is editing the wiki pages with a separate tool and might know more about recursive exports.
ulrich1a wrote: Ulrich
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:52 pm Perhaps Ulrich can help. He is editing the wiki pages with a separate tool and might know more about recursive exports.
Thanks Chris :)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Why go to the trouble of printing the wiki in PDF when it is already bundled with FreeCAD as an offline documentation?

As far as I know, the Windows version comes with it, you just need to hit F1 or go to the Help --> Help menu.

On the Ubuntu PPA, simply install the freecad-doc package. You can download it to a USB stick for your friend too.