Propriety of linking

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Propriety of linking

Post by sliptonic »

A question for the wiki editors:

Could we have a section on the wiki, possibly in the tutorial section, that links to other resources for new users? For example, books or fee-based training services.

Right now, the FAQ has this question and answer:
Is there documentation for newcomers? How can I learn to use FreeCAD?

There is at the moment still little documentation for beginners, unfortunately, but the Tutorials section contains some pages to help you getting started.

I'm sensitive to not using the FreeCAD community to promote a project that I benefit from, but linking to these resources may be beneficial, especially to new users.
Thoughts?
triplus
Veteran

Re: Propriety of linking

Post by triplus »

A dedicated Wiki page listing such options in my opinion shouldn't represent a problem.

P.S. But it should likely be reserved to people contributing to FreeCAD directly in some way (such as you).
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Here's something similar in the Python wiki: https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

I see no issue with mentioning books or training services on the wiki, even if not proposed by active members of the community. The important thing is, are they good and useful. In any case, there are no training services available in English ATM, and only one very recent book.