0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: 0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Post by NormandC »

I will try to update the tracker report this week, I realized that there were still a few missing Sketcher tool pages. I updated the Sketcher Workbench page.

Last edited by NormandC on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
renatorivo
Veteran

Re: 0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Post by renatorivo »

Thank you
NormandC wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:34 am Renato, why did you duplicate all these pages, rather than rename/move them?
We now have 2 separate pages for each of those tools... Or were you planning to delete the old ones?
To avoid broken links, but it is a winding road, I do not recommend it.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Ah, yes, I understand why you tried this method. But moving or duplicating, it seems that both require a great amount of work to fix broken links throughout translations.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Didn't find the time to update the Mantis report, but I created and completed Sketcher Extend, Sketcher CarbonCopy and Sketcher SelectElementsWithDoFs.
SteveOKC

Post by SteveOKC »

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but..

The Sketcher Extend wiki page does not currently note that the "point on object" and "coincident constraint" icons will only appear on the highlighted element if you have the "Auto constraints" box checked in the Combo View. Without that checked, the Extend function does not appear to work as specified (and makes you wonder what you are doing wrong!).
qurn

Post by qurn »

I created SwitchVirtualSpace from scratch. So id be thankful for a review.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for adding to the wiki. In the last line, should it be "virtual spaces" instead of "workspaces"?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
qurn

Post by qurn »

Yes, true. And i was just warning others about confusion :lol:
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

Î uploaded images for Part Design Local coordinate System, When i tried Editing the overview Page , i saw these TAGS
like T: 50
T: 51

Well, as this goes right inbetween, do i :
Give it a new number higher than last in whole Page ?
Give it number like T50a ?
Give it the inbetween number and edit all further parts of the page ? What can this influence ?

i talk about this page :

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.p ... &section=6

wanting to add :

<!--T:51-->
*[[File:PartDesign LocalCoordinateSystem.png|32px]] [[PartDesign Local Coordinate System|Create a Local Coordinate System]]: creates a Local Coordinate System attached to Datuum Geometry in the active body.

i would then add the page for the local coordinate system
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Modified, the tag is added automatically when the page is marked for translation. It will be <!--T:120-->