strange behavior with A2plus Workbench

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

strange behavior with A2plus Workbench

Post by david69 »

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/A2plus_Workbench doesn't give all the modifications.

let's take the Italian translation.
We read "Questa documentazione descrive la versione A2plus 0.4.23 o più recente." but it is not in pink, the color showing it is obsolete although on the English version we have "This documentation describes A2plus version 0.4.33 or newer."

I think the last modifications didn't receive the right status.
vocx
Veteran

Re: strange behavior with A2plus Workbench

Post by vocx »

david69 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm ...
I think the last modifications didn't receive the right status.
Since you are asking this way too much, you need to read what I wrote to kaktus, who is also looking after the translations.

This thread was posted a month ago but it seems you didn't read it. Please read more threads, even those that you don't create. This way you will get what is going on in general with the software.

It's an interesting phenomenon
vocx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:45 pm
kaktus wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:10 pm ...
First of all, I am curious about the lack of content to translate
When somebody finishes writing a page in English, it cannot be translated immediately. A wiki administrator needs to "mark the page for translation". Once this is done, the text appears in the translation interface (two columns of text) for you to translate.

If somebody updates the English page, again the new content (text) cannot be translated immediately. The wiki administrator again has to "mark the page for translation". This has to be done every time the English page is modified.

Obviously, this is a problem because it means that the wiki administrators need to constantly mark different pages, but if they forget, are lazy, take holidays, or other reasons, then the page cannot be translated, or it will not include the latest information.

What I suggest is that you make a list of pages that you want to translate, and then say, "I'm going to work on these pages, please mark them for translation", so that the wiki administrators mark them. Then you can work on the latest information of those pages.

Unfortunately, there are thousands of wiki pages, and not enough people to handle them all. So, my advice is to help as much as you can, and get more people to help. The more people that join the documentation effort, the better for the documentation.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

so my goal in my life is to translate ALL the pages, like Kaktus, those already made with errors or translations to be fixed, present and in the future.
so for administrators
they forget, are lazy, take holidays, or other reasons
, pls note our goals.

let me back serious: if i post it's simply because when i discover something, note the word discover, i have got two options: either i don't share my discover or i do it thinking it's going to help others in the translation.

yes i don't read all the threads and i won't simply because i can not: let's say i'm working, i have a family, hobbies and other stuffs and even if i read, i may forget.

thank you Vocx for your dedication to this forum, i'll take note of your advice.

thank you Renatorivo whom has passed the page in translation mode.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Hi David, if you have any doubts, ask.