More detail required in Aeroplane Tutorial

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Gargoreg

More detail required in Aeroplane Tutorial

Postby Gargoreg » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am

Hi All,
I class myself as a struggling beginer with FreeCAD. The more I learn the more I'm liking this CAD package.
Here it comes:
But, I'm not using FreeCAD often enough at the moment to remember all I learn and I keep going back to the Tutorials to brush up the simple operations. This morning I was struggling with the Aeroplane Tutorial, which the description starts "Understand placements in FreeCAD....".

My request:
Can someone please put more information/detail into the opening few instructions.
* Switch to Axonometric View.
* Toggle axis cross ON (via View Menu).
* Ensure you have the Combo View showing (via View → Views).

The term Axonometric View seems to have been changed to isometric view, is this correct?
After a lot of searching I've found that Via View > Views, should be View → Panels.

Would you advice for me to get editing permissions to update the Tutorial if I'm struggling at this level of control of the program menu system? Maybe I'm the prefect person..

Regards,
Gav.
vocx

Re: More detail required in Aeroplane Tutorial

Postby vocx » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Gargoreg wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:31 am
...This morning I was struggling with the Aeroplane Tutorial,...
This tutorial has been there in the wiki for a long time, since 2012. Therefore, it is a bit outdated since it hasn't received major reviews.

I placed it in the Tutorials page precisely to expose it to more users so somebody can update it if they want.

So, please, if you think you can contribute, request your wiki account and go ahead and improve the tutorial.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: paypal.