Russian Translation

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Valber

Russian Translation

Post by Valber »

Dear developers of FreeCAD!
We are group of Russian students and we want you to include support of Russian language in your wiki. We already translated some chapters of manual (Compile on Unix, Drafting Module, Mesh Workbench, Part Module, Document Structure) and want to add them. We really like your project and will continue to translate its documentation.
wmayer
Founder

Re: Russian Translation

Post by wmayer »

Hello,
We are group of Russian students and we want you to include support of Russian language in your wiki
This is up to you. You can edit the wiki files directly. All what I need is your account names to give you editing permission. If you need any support on embedding your translations then Yorik is probably the best contact person therefore.

Cheers
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

There is another guy wanting to help with russian translation here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=571&p=3984
Have a look there, I explained him what to do.
In any case, all the persons who want to be able to edit the wiki must create a sourceforge user, then ask us here to give them edit rights. Then, its up to you guys! I hope you also consider translating the freecad interface, which would also be very useful!
Cheers
Yorik
psi13art

Post by psi13art »

Ok Yorik! I registered here and got in touch with Seper and send him our translations. Can we get rights for editing wiki's russian section?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Yes, you got it! :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Okay, I just need to know how do you say "Table of contents" in russian? (To include on the homepage)

I also created a ru template for use on the pages that you translate. It works like this:

When you translate a page (For example About_FreeCAD), you create a corresponding /ru page (for example, About_FreeCAD/ru). You copy the contents of the original page, then translate everything. Then, on the original english page (About_FreeCAD), inside the {{Languages}} template at the bottom of the page, you add your translation like this: {{ru|About_FreeCAD/ru}} so people reading the english page know that a russian translation is available.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!
psi13art

Post by psi13art »

Thank you for creating ru template. I will work with it.

"Tables of contents" in Russian translation is "Содержание"
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Okay I added it on the ain page, but there is a problem with CSS, I cannot display the russian flag :( but I'll work out a solution...
AMK

Post by AMK »

Good day!

I'm new in FreeCAD Wiki.
Can you help me?

When I compared First page of manual in En and Ru
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Manual:Introduction/ru
I found that TOC don't show in Ru page.

i checked translation and it's loks like correct
{{Manual:TOC/ru}}

Can you check it. Maybe I do something wrong.

Thank you
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

hi AMK,

i'm not good with these pages.
i have compare with the French one, where is it working, to see the differences.

on your Template:Manual:TOC/ru
i have replaced
<div id="toc" style="float:right; margin:10px 0px 10px 10px;">{{:Manual:Summary/ru}}</div>
by
<div id="toc" class="manualtoc" style="float:right; margin:10px 0px 10px 10px;">{{:Manual:Summary/ru}}</div>

this second line is what we've got on Template:Manual:TOC/fr but it doesn't fix your page.

then i went to:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/index.php?t ... Summary/ru
and it seems some work need to made but i'm not sure it is also going to fix your initial problem.

by the way, it is better to open a dedicated thread when you have an issue.