Someone else needs to start monitoring Special:PageTranslation and marking pages for translation

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Someone else needs to start monitoring Special:PageTranslation and marking pages for translation

Post by Roy_043 »

After the unexplained absence of Renatorivo (I hope he is OK) I have been monitering the https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Special:PageTranslation page and marking pages for translation. After 6 months I have come to the conclusion that I am not the right person for this task. It is too much like herding sheep for me. Someone else will have to do this from now on.
MSOlsen65

Re: Someone else needs to start monitoring Special:PageTranslation and marking pages for translation

Post by MSOlsen65 »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:48 am After the unexplained absence of Renatorivo (I hope he is OK) I have been monitering the https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Special:PageTranslation page and marking pages for translation. After 6 months I have come to the conclusion that I am not the right person for this task. It is too much like herding sheep for me. Someone else will have to do this from now on.
Roy_043, I have just received edit permissions and would be glad to help with this if you could provide some guidance. I know our last encounter was not the best, and I owe you recompense as well as the apology I provided. It is obvious that you are passionate and knowledgeble about FreeCAD. If you would be so magnanimous, I would genuinely appreciate learning from you and working to improve the future of our community.
Sincerely,

Michael S. Olsen
Electrical Engineer & Joiner
kaktus
Veteran

Re: Someone else needs to start monitoring Special:PageTranslation and marking pages for translation

Post by kaktus »

MSOlsen65 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:00 pm ...
I have just received edit permissions .
it's not enough.
You need administrator privileges to manage site translations.

Greetings
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
MSOlsen65

Post by MSOlsen65 »

[quote=kaktus post_id=518011 time=1626723454 user_id=26846
it's not enough.
You need administrator privileges to manage site translations.

Greetings
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know.
Sincerely,

Michael S. Olsen
Electrical Engineer & Joiner
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Am I right that there are 1631 pages to be marked for translation?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

The following page contains a list of all pages (statistics - currently for the Polish language).

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Special:Lan ... able:2=asc

I counted 1707 pages on the list.
Relative to what you wrote there is a difference. :roll:
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

To clarify:

The https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Special:PageTranslation page lists 3 categories:

Pages proposed for translation: 17
These pages have never been marked for translation.
They are not included on the page mentioned by @kaktus.

Pages with pending changes: 92
These pages have to be marked for translation.

Pages in translation: 1615
These pages have already been remarked for translation.
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

I need administrator privileges to manage site translations.
For markup pages for translate.
If i understand that this mark run FuzzyBot for translate.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

We also the need the person who does this to vet if the proposed edits are translation worthy. I'm seeing more spam on the bugtracker these days. So I'm worried about spam on the wiki etc...
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

I mostly make cosmetic additions of main (English) pages. And very rarely. I would like to close my changes, because no one cares.