a tool under the wiki to automate a replacement?

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

a tool under the wiki to automate a replacement?

Post by david69 »

is there a tool which can replace a word, an expression by an other word or expression on all the pages of the wiki?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: a tool under the wiki to automate a replacement?

Post by chrisb »

Can you be more specific what you want to change?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

what i've got in mind is to replace everywhere the wording "ligne brisée" by "polyligne" in the French wiki.
i had to do the same thing recently, and it's time consuming and never sure i've covered everything.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I don't think it is possible. I remember that Roland (sadly he died, so we cannot ask him) had downloaded the complete wiki and edited it offline.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

see here WikiRobots tread and WikiRobots page

but : Robots are intrinsically dangerous as they can automatically do a lot of damage. Use with extreme care!

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

oh yes I am sure that the robots are dangereous. ! want to see if it is possible to replace in semi automatic: it finds, it asks to replace, I accept or not.
thank you mario. and i'm discovering this page. it's a pity, some pages from the wiki are orphelin and hard to find or imagine they exist.

edit: just translate the page and hmmm it seems to me like a hammer to smash a fly, at least for my need.