[Solved] "Mouse model"

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Evgeniy

Re: "Mouse model"

Post by Evgeniy »

Roy_043 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:03 pm I can only agree that the page name is confusing. I'll rename the page. New page name: "Mouse navigation".
Of course I'll also fix the internal wiki links and create redirect for the old name...
That is great idea.
Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:09 pm So "Mouse navigation" seems right with other choices.
Quite fit.
chrisb wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:44 pm There are many links from the forum to the wiki using the name only. If the page is renamed, these links should be dealt with.
I don't think that this can have consequences.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Evgeniy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:48 pm I don't think that this can have consequences.
Of course it has, if no redirection is implemented. The forum wiki tag takes just the name, and not the link.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

I have renamed the page and created redirects. The redirects ensure that old links will be redirected to the correct page with the new name.

I have updated the internal links on the English pages and on the Template:Userdocnavi pages for the various languages. The English pages in question have also been marked for translation so that translators can update the translations. The redirects will of course also work for internal links, so translators can take their time.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:09 pm ...
Po : Profil nawigacji myszką
Shalmeneser - validated country code Poland is PL :P

Greetings
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:40 am I have renamed the page and created redirects. The redirects ensure that old links will be redirected to the correct page with the new name.

I have updated the internal links on the English pages and on the Template:Userdocnavi pages for the various languages. The English pages in question have also been marked for translation so that translators can update the translations. The redirects will of course also work for internal links, so translators can take their time.
:mrgreen:
I sincerely thank you for making this change on behalf a colleague Evgeniy, myself, and other users and community members ;)
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:40 am I have renamed the page and created redirects. The redirects ensure that old links will be redirected to the correct page with the new name.

That is Great.