[In progress] About modules and workbenches in wiki.

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: [In progress] About modules and workbenches in wiki.

Post by Roy_043 »

heda wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:41 pm looks like the left navigation template still has it though, suppose that one should be pointing to Raytracing_Workbench from now on.
Thanks for checking that. Apparently the bar on the left is not checked by Special:WhatLinksHere. I do not have sufficient permissions to edit that part of the Wiki. There are also several other issues with it.
Kunda1 wrote: pinged by pinger macro
Can you assist here?
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

wow, was going to spend some time on completing the wiki-follow-up table at my slow pace...
Roy_043 - you move in hyper speed on this :!:
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Some of the pages were renamed a long time ago and did not have any remaining "Module" links. So the amount of green cells is misleading.

I do not understand why Start has been added (Note: as "Start_Workbench"). This WB was not mentioned before.
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

hm, must be blind..., went on autopilot and a complete list of anything with workbench in it, and in blessed ignorance added it since I "discovered" that it was not in the original thread listing...

my bad, will remove it

drawing module should be ready for a flush, so the green that I put there premature could hopefully become true.

btw, have not given it much thought earlier, but there seems to be a noticeable chunk of translations that do not have the actual language link in them, suppose that kind of makes the work put into translations not very visible...
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

heda wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:45 pm makes the work put into translations not very visible...
Or the translation of the linked page does not exist yet and therefore the English link was kept?
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

indeed, that is the first thing that comes into mind (but in several cases the links are actually there, might be that actual translation is close to nothing, but the links are still there).
to me it just seems like something the framework should cope with, i.e. the language links should always be there in a translation and if no page, it should simply fall back to "main language" (automatically, not by handcrafted redirects), rather than having to manually craft lang-links one by one over time. Or a flag in the page source which one could flip, on = follow lang-links, off = ignore lang-links when rendering source... - just thinking out loud a bit.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

heda wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:11 pm but in several cases the links are actually there
Yes you are right.

heda wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:11 pm something the framework should cope with
I do not know if the Wiki software can do that.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

I'll create Ray_Tracing_Workbench redirects while we wait for somebody (with sufficient permissions) to work on the left bar.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Ok, how can I help?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

@Kunda1

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 77#p526334

there were 3 raytracing names, and the page-link in left navigation really is redundant.