[Wrong denomination] Part plane is infact a "Flat surface"

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Pauvres_honteux

[Wrong denomination] Part plane is infact a "Flat surface"

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

It has come to my attention that Part Plane is infact a Flat surface, not a plane.
A plane is infinite by definition.

Realthunder will probably fix this in his branch in a near future.

For the above reasons I'd like the current denomination to be replaced by "Flat surface".

While waiting for Realthunders fix I propose a workaround to, directly in Part, create a real plane as well.
Last edited by Pauvres_honteux on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: [bug] Part plane is infact a "Flat surface"

Post by Roy_043 »

Pauvres_honteux wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:38 am to be replaced by "Flat surface".
Wrong forum?
Pauvres_honteux

Could be, what comes first? The chicken or the egg?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

It is the wrong forum, wiki shouldn't change this kind of things if FreeCAD hasn't changed
Pauvres_honteux

Roy_043 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am
adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:46 pm It is the wrong forum, wiki shouldn't change this kind of things if FreeCAD hasn't changed
Since this is such a humongous thing for you guys,(I can't breath/ whea're all gon'na die) I'd say change forum. I'm sure it'll make all the difference ...

Call it banana or aubergine, for me it doesn't matter as long it gets done!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I can't move it, I think you can since you are the OP.
Pauvres_honteux wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 pm for me it doesn't matter as long it gets done!
It should matter to you then, posting in the proper subforum is of your interest, not all developers look at the wiki subforum and you want a developer to look at your proposal (if you ever want it done and you're not doing it yourself). In general you want people interested in the subject to look at your post so you should mind were you post, it's no use asking for help in translation to german in the spanish subforum for example.

In any case, I agree with your proposal but I'm probably not going to change it myself any time soon either.
Pauvres_honteux

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:40 pm ... posting in the proper subforum is of your interest ...
Absolutely!
Point me to the subforum where its explanatory text explicitly reads: "Post bugs for anything here."
No reading between the lines or "in spirit".
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

usually in the corresponding workbench's subforum or open discussion or the help forum but in wiki I just don't think you're going to get the response you want, this one is about documentation.
Pauvres_honteux

The link!
Now!!!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

bug submissions guidelines #3 :?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5236
3. Discuss the problem on the Help forum first! This should be done before creating a ticket in the bugtracker, for several reasons: It may not be a bug after all and you will get advice how to proceed; developer time is precious and a discussion here in the forum will produce far better tickets; the helpers in the forum become aware of the bug; you may be offered a workaround until the bug is fixed.
Open discusion forum description:
Open discussion
Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Just trying to help you out, this case will not be taken to court, no need to be asking for absolute statements.