Docnav previous/next

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
renatorivo

Docnav previous/next

Postby renatorivo » Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 am

Hi,

many translators are trying to create a navigation bar "prev/next" with links translated by inserting the link destination translated directly. This is very pleasant to look at, but causes the loss of the reference to the original page in English.

If you want to preserve the link to the original page and to have also the link translated, you can edit the template {{Docnav/language code}} in the same way as {{Docnav/it}}. Note: Do not edit {{Docnav}}.

Then, when you translate, insert the links as in the following example:

{{docnav/it|[[Installing/it|Installazione]]|[[Mouse Model/it|Navigazione 3D - Tipo di mouse]]}}

In the template I have added a link [[Category:Template/it]] to create a list of all the templates translated into Italian, this is not essential.

If you enter the translated category (ex: [[Category:Administration/it]]), this is listed in the corresponding page, otherwise it remains in the category English.

I hope this is helpful
if this is useful, I can put a link in the wiki, for example on the page Location or on the Docnav
renato
bernd

Re: Docnav previous/next

Postby bernd » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 pm

renatorivo wrote:... I hope this is helpful
if this is useful, I can put a link in the wiki, for example on the page Location or on the Docnav
renato
Are you able to read my minds ;) When I made some cleaning in german translation yesterday I exactly thought it would be cool to have translated the docnav as well. That means very usefull. Thanks very much. The Categories are very useful too.

Ahh, done for german translation.

BTW. Is there a page for all german Categories ?
renatorivo

Postby renatorivo » Wed May 28, 2014 7:40 am

bernd wrote:BTW. Is there a page for all german Categories ?
You can create and organize /de categories as you want, just edit the category. As an example, I added the category [[Category:API/it]] to category [[Category:Categories/it]]. Perhaps administrators can do better?

renato
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Very good tip Renato
There are still a couple of "translated" redirected pagenames, one of these days we could clean them too.
BTW Thanks to all of you who are doing heavy cleaning on the wiki! Extremely useful!
bernd

Postby bernd » Wed May 28, 2014 5:11 pm

renatorivo wrote:
bernd wrote:BTW. Is there a page for all german Categories ?
You can create and organize /de categories as you want, just edit the category. As an example, I added the category [[Category:API/it]] to category [[Category:Categories/it]] ...
Thanks for the information. There allready is [[Category:Categories/de]] :) It just had two entries. Just added all german Categories. Is there a spezial page which shows categories which have no categories to find such categories easier?

EDIT: Found it myself [[Special:UncategorizedCategories]]

EDIT2: Only two german UncategorizedCategories left. The could be deleted since they are real german an not the translated categories User Documentation/de and Command Reference/de.

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... ntation/de
http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... eferenz/de
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Ok I deleted these 2 categories