How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by paullee »

jmaustpc wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm Hi Paul, you are right, however in this one case I happened to notice his post and had a moment of sympathy thinking if he is even having half the trouble with English that I have with Chinese, he is doing well! :D So I created his account etc. via PM.
Thanks Jim, glad to know that and hope there is more synergy with some people on Chinese wiki and hopefully answering Qs that are outside of my FC usage :D
bf5man

Post by bf5man »

Hello wiki team!

I'd like to contribute to the wiki, so here's my first message for you to approve. Then, I'll PM you as defined in the first post of this thread.

Thanks a lot!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

bf5man wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 am Hello wiki team!

I'd like to contribute to the wiki, so here's my first message for you to approve. Then, I'll PM you as defined in the first post of this thread.

Thanks a lot!
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. What are you interested in doing on the wiki specifically ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Lhwan

Post by Lhwan »

Hi,

This post is only for me can send a PM, so I will can translate the wiki.
bf5man

Post by bf5man »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:13 pm
bf5man wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 am Hello wiki team!

Thanks a lot!
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. What are you interested in doing on the wiki specifically ?
Hello Kunda1,

Here's my some of my interests for the wiki:
  • Revising and correcting the occasional mistyping
  • Since my native language is french, help on the french translations
  • I think the best documentation is clear, concise and well illustrated. I think some entries might benefit with additional illustrations or even remastering some existing illustrations which are either old or pixelated. We might also want to provide quick examples on some pages to empower the new users.
  • Recently, Kbwe provided a very good advise on the forum on how to achieve tangency between circular faces and planes (by using the point on plane constraint with an offset), a feature missing from the A2Plus workbench and for which I know other professional CAD users simply expect to get access to. I'd like to document that to help others achieve the same results without the headaches
  • I'd like to help in documenting the new 0.19 features in the wiki to be ready for the official launch. I noticed the new preference "Display->Navigation->Rotation Mode" is not properly shown and addressed in the Preferences Editor page. I propose to document that and revise the other ones to make sure they are up to date. By the way, is there a list of the features still not covered in the documentation yet?
In the end, I aim to be a good and positive member of the Freecad community, being a professional parametric CAD user, I think my experience might benefit others. I also truly believe a good documentation is one of the best help to drive adoption.

Thanks,
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for reporting back. It is the best spam protection to see people's special interest into FreeCAD.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

bf5man wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:23 am n the end, I aim to be a good and positive member of the Freecad community, being a professional parametric CAD user, I think my experience might benefit others. I also truly believe a good documentation is one of the best help to drive adoption.
Well written! Please DM me your preferred username (first letter must be capitalized due to an annoying mediawiki constraint) and valid email address for confirmation.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03 pm Please DM me your preferred username (first letter must be capitalized due to an annoying mediawiki constraint) and valid email address for confirmation.
It is a good idea to use the same name as for the forum, because discussions about wiki pages take place in the forum, so others can see immediately who is who.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
nergal

Post by nergal »

Trying to avoid purchasing a CAD program; found FreeCAD quickly.
Discovered a small typo within:
Installing_on_Windows#Chocolatey

2nd sentence:
"You can installed Chocolatey following..."
It should read as:
"You can install Chocolatey by following..."

Would fix it myself but this is my first post, and cannot PM yet. :ugeek:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

nergal wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:55 pm Would fix it myself
Welcome and go ahead with your first contribution!