How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MisterMaker

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by MisterMaker »

Yo,
I am trying to get the Render workbench workable for noobs like me, so thought write down how to do this so we all can make fancy renders in the future!
I know the render workbench supports a lot of render engines, but the I will probably focus on Cycles.
Like the shade option in Link3 stage looks better than most Povray renders :lol:
SkyBlue

Post by SkyBlue »

Hi,

I am new for FreeCAD.
I am interesting in FreeCAD. I am reading the wiki document, and I would try to translate the wiki document from English to Chinese.

Regards,
Sword
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

SkyBlue wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:21 am I am interesting in FreeCAD. I am reading the wiki document, and I would try to translate the wiki document from English to Chinese.
Great. PM me with an email address an we can get you started
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
AMK

Post by AMK »

Hello!

I`m new in FreeCAD and start to learn by reading Wiki.
My native language is Russian. And I found some old sections and some sections are still not translated.
I would try to translate the wiki documentation. Thank you.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

AMK wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm I`m new in FreeCAD and start to learn by reading Wiki.
My native language is Russian. And I found some old sections and some sections are still not translated.
I would try to translate the wiki documentation. Thank you.
PM me with a valid email and I can set you up
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
cybercow

Post by cybercow »

I am quite new to freecad but not to CAD program's in general. Since I am a German guy I and want to learn more about that software, I thought I could combine this with "proofreading" the German wiki. Since I do not know where alse I should post something to get PM rights for the wiki registration process I am posting this here.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

cybercow wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:34 pm
PM me with a valid email and I can set you up
xgoodrich

Post by xgoodrich »

This is my post to be allowed to send the DM(s) so I can request permission to edit. I intend to do minimal editing to https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... nd-Solvers to fix approximately 65 typographical errors, which I just think would make that page read better (and which I read as a new user). No action needed on this post. ;)
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

xgoodrich wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 pm This is my post to be allowed to send the DM(s) so I can request permission to edit. I intend to do minimal editing to https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... nd-Solvers to fix approximately 65 typographical errors, which I just think would make that page read better (and which I read as a new user). No action needed on this post. ;)
The page you have linked to is not the FreeCAD wiki at all. It is one specific developer's (realthunder) personal Github account. As far as I know, there is no way you can directly edit it. He may be interested if you have some important nontrivial suggestions, naturally I can not answer for him so you would have to ask him. This is only his development branch, hence it is somewhat temporary, so I would not be surprised if he did think it is a low priority, but as I said that is up to him.
edwilliams16
Veteran

Post by edwilliams16 »

Seeking wiki editing permissions to create the Manipulating Vectors in FreeCAD page, discussed in the forum. Have sent PMs.