How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
run_the_race

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by run_the_race »

How do you send a PM? :? :oops:
My PM to request permission is stuck in outbox for a week and not moving to sent:
How to send PM.png
How to send PM.png (53.08 KiB) Viewed 16887 times
jdorel

Post by jdorel »

Hi,
I'm new to Freecad and wanted to edit https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Manual:Navi ... he_3D_view to mention the focus point, so this is my first message to be able to send a PM to get access to the wiki ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC is no longer active here in the forum and not reading his private mails. Why did you send the mail to him? Send the mail to the administrators named in the first post.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
run_the_race

Post by run_the_race »

chrisb wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 pm NormandC is no longer active here in the forum and not reading his private mails. Why did you send the mail to him? Send the mail to the administrators named in the first post.
Okay thanks. Was just following some instructions, which must now be outdated.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

run_the_race wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm Okay thanks. Was just following some instructions, which must now be outdated.
Where was it? We need to know so we can update it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
run_the_race

Post by run_the_race »

chrisb wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:42 pm
run_the_race wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm Okay thanks. Was just following some instructions, which must now be outdated.
Where was it? We need to know so we can update it.
I did search for it before my reply so I could hopefully include the reference, but not find it sorry, it was a week ago, and my history is just freecad for the last few weeks.
Stylishcp

Post by Stylishcp »

Hello,
I have been searching for some information at the wiki and I noticed that there is a lack of information in spanish language. As I am able to translate from english to spanish I thought that it would be a good idea if I can contribute in any way to do so in order to improve the Freecad documentation and help other spanishspeakers as well.
I would appreciate some information about how to proceed.
Thank you in advance,
fran

Post by fran »

Replying to myself.

I did this request "in a hurry" 6 months ago.
On the good side it's been 6 months getting a lot better with Freecad ;)
fran wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:51 pm Hello,

I'd like to have wiki editing permissions.
I've been using and learning freeCAD for a while, but this year has been a particularly productive period.
I can actively contribute with French and Spanish translations, with (up-to-date) screenshots and even some doc/tutorials if my skills get good enough.

(Once this post gets approved, I'll DM the admins)

Thanks!

Fran
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

DM me if you need access
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
outybact

Post by outybact »

While I am trying to design my first wooden boat based on a one-page boat plan, Freecad turned out to be my "affordable" but powerful 3D tool. As I am learning the software, I find that I should be able to contribute this wonderful and established society in some way. I believe I am able to translate the English documentations into Korean. This would be further motivate my path to make my first boat better and hopefully sooner.