How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
WEloSiPeDd1639

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by WEloSiPeDd1639 »

Hello Forum! I am a new person in a free-software community. And I want to be an editor in FreeCAD Wiki. I am from Ukraine and have really good skills in Ukrainian-Russian translation. In my country, we have a big community of people, who use free soft and want to read pages in native, Ukrainian languages. But I understand that the ukrainian language is not very popular in FreeCAD Wiki. (4-25% vs 94-100% in the Russian language) :cry: Have a nice day and let's make the free product better :D
caddin

Post by caddin »

Hi,
I found a few (very) wrong translations in the German translations of the wiki and want to fix them.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Please note that there are some discussions about translations in the German forum, e.g. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 82#p575182. Help is welcome.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ferreiradev

Post by ferreiradev »

Hi, I would like to improve the wiki, because I read and learned from that. When I was reading, I found some mistakes, like image from button or some words letters mistakes. It was the third time that I am asking the permission to send a PM to get the permission. I will give up if my post is disapproved. I will be sad, because I would like to help, but, I don't have more time to try to get this permission. :|
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

ferreiradev wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:05 am Hi, I would like to improve the wiki, because I read and learned from that. When I was reading, I found some mistakes, like image from button or some words letters mistakes. It was the third time that I am asking the permission to send a PM to get the permission. I will give up if my post is disapproved. I will be sad, because I would like to help, but, I don't have more time to try to get this permission. :|
Approval done. You should be able to send PM to Wiki administrators to get access.
esteban.dugueperoux

Post by esteban.dugueperoux »

Hi,

I'm new to FreeCAD also and want to improve at least documentation.
Then I write this first forum message to have right to send private message to ask write permission :)
I have also a subjective remark, would it be better to follow "doc as code" principle instead of old fashion wiki?
Personnaly at works, I'm a developer, we manage doc with same tools as code, with a git based forge like gitlab, github, which renders doc language (mardown, asciidoc, reStructuredText) pretty good.

Regards.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

PM me with your email address and explain a little more what you would like to improve documentation-wise. As for the other subject you raised. This is being discussed. But it's something we're not ready to just yet.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
egor_masterskikh

Post by egor_masterskikh »

Hello. I'm going to translate the FreeCAD Wiki into Russian.
DungeonLords

Post by DungeonLords »

Hello. I'm going to translate the FreeCAD Wiki into Russian.

FreeCAD and DWG Import
instruction from
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/FreeCAD_and_DWG_Import
is deprecated. Look https://github.com/LibreDWG/libredwg/is ... 1122469919
Last edited by DungeonLords on Tue May 10, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

PM me a valid email and I'll set you up
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs