How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
fsv141

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by fsv141 »

Hi!
I want help with translate a part of documentation. Please give me access for it.
Thank you.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The first post in this thread states that you should send a private mail to yorik and jmaustpc and NormandC.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Wollhaar

Post by Wollhaar »

Hi Normand,
as I´aware that you are online now, please let me know, how I can help translating documentation and websites into German.
I already saw that there are websites not completely translated and some are not up to date.
Could you help?
I already tried to contact one of you several times. Have you seen the replies before?

regards Wolfgang
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hi Wolfgang,

There is only a single private message from you that I'm aware of, and Yorik replied to you on December 26th; if you sent him follow up messages, you did not CC me. Yorik seems to be on vacation, he has not visited the forum since that day.
Wollhaar wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:06 pm how I can help translating documentation and websites into German.
Have you read this?

https://freecadweb.org/wiki/Help_FreeCAD
Wollhaar

Post by Wollhaar »

Hi Normand again,

sorry for boring you.
If I did understand Yorik correctly it is not necessary to get permission by the administrators any more, as you described in one of your replies.
To take part in crowdin or the wiki-system would be enough?
If I get the way to make suggestions for describing I´d like to do that to avoid such communication efforts in the future.
Wolfgang
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Please wait, I am currently responding to the PM you sent me a few minutes ago. ;)
Wollhaar

Post by Wollhaar »

Hi Normand again,

sorry for boring you.
If I did understand Yorik correctly it is not necessary to get permission by the administrators any more, as you described in one of your replies.
To take part in crowdin or the wiki-system would be enough?
If I get the way to make suggestions for describing I´d like to do that to avoid such communication efforts in the future.
Wolfgang
Wollhaar

Post by Wollhaar »

Don´t hurry. :D
You have all the time you need. The following reply you can ignore. To submit was an error.

At the moment I feel very good with you.

Wolfgang
michalfapso

Post by michalfapso »

Hi, I would like improve the documentation. Could you please give me the necessary permissions for editing the wiki?
Thanks a lot,
Michal
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Michal,

I wish you had read the first post of this topic. It is pretty clear that you should send a PM to one of the wiki admin, it's all explained.

Since I'm tired of asking people to do as they should have read, I registered your account with the same username and email as on the forum.