How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mengdun

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by mengdun »

I could contribute to translate the wiki into Mandarin too. ;)
Last edited by mengdun on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

mengdun wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 am I could contribute to translate the wiki into Mandarin too. ;)
OK, done. You should have by now receive an email with a temporary password, your log in name is the same as this forum except that the first letter is automatically capitalised. I have given you "editor" and "translator" rights.

Jim
mengdun

Post by mengdun »

jmaustpc wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:46 pm
mengdun wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 am I could contribute to translate the wiki into Mandarin too. ;)
OK, done. You should have by now receive an email with a temporary password, your log in name is the same as this forum except that the first letter is automatically capitalised. I have given you "editor" and "translator" rights.

Jim
Got that in my email box. Was wondering why I got a "new password". Now I see it's for the wiki... ;)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

太好了! 谢谢。
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

We really need more people actively translating the wiki in their language! Currently, only Italian and French have a high ratio of translation.
kaelivan

Post by kaelivan »

Hello!

I started to learn how to use FreeCAD and found a lot of mistakes in Polish section. I want to correct them and maybe even try to translate a few words. ;)
JCR84J

Post by JCR84J »

NormandC wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:35 am We really need more people actively translating the wiki in their language! Currently, only Italian and French have a high ratio of translation.
Hi,
Although the high ratio in french language, and If you agree, I could help because I saw some pages which are not completely translated.
Kindly
JCR84J
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

JCR84J wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 am
NormandC wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:35 am We really need more people actively translating the wiki in their language! Currently, only Italian and French have a high ratio of translation.
Hi,
Although the high ratio in french language, and If you agree, I could help because I saw some pages which are not completely translated.
Kindly
I created your wiki account and gave you editor and translator powers! You should have received a temporary password by email.

Jim
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

kaelivan wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 pm Hello!

I started to learn how to use FreeCAD and found a lot of mistakes in Polish section. I want to correct them and maybe even try to translate a few words. ;)
Hello Kaelivan,

Sorry for forgetting your request, your wiki account is now created.

I hope you persevere, the Polish translation is rather in bad need of updating!
David_D

Post by David_D »

I'm making a post here just to see if this will give me permission to send a PM, so I can request a wiki account, so I can make edits to the Wiki, so I can edit the manual.

... This seems somewhat complicated. That might just be me though.