Tracker page is out of date

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
M4x
Veteran

Tracker page is out of date

Post by M4x »

Hey everybody,

disclaimer: I'm very little familiar with Mantis and Github issues (I think I've used Mantis once).

On my mission to promote FreeCAD and help people getting started with it, I've linked to the Tracker page today. While having a closer look myself, I've discovered that the main part is describing the old bug tracker Mantis. Since we've moved to Github issues, Mantis is now in read only mode. There is a banner at the top with a hint to inform the reader that we're using Github issues now. Still, I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to remove everything "Mantis-related" and, if needed, replace it with the Github stuff. What do you think?

FC_Tracker_Banner.png
FC_Tracker_Banner.png (14.82 KiB) Viewed 728 times

For the record: There were discussions regarding creating a topic at the forum first vs. directly opening an issue here: Discussion: dropping the 'first post in the forum' requirement from the bugtracker (last post 1 April 2022) and here: Bug submission guidelines (last post 26 April 2022). From my point of view, we didn't come to an agreement yet but leaning towards "topic at the forum first".

However, this topic here is not about the workflow forum/issue itself. It's focused on removing obsolete stuff from the wiki and keeping it up to date (without changing the current agreement / workflow).