Pie Menu

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Pie Menu

Post by triplus »

I went over all the modules and IconThemes, ShortCuts, TabBar and PieMenu port to Python 3 and Qt 5 was done. Other modules work OK and nothing needed to be done.

P.S. For PieMenu hover trigger mode doesn't do anything ATM when using Qt 5. In addition when using Qt 5 on Linux and desktop environment doesn't use compositor things don't work good. Investigating this two areas further will be done as a part of PieMenu 2.0 development effort.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Thank you!

I got Piemenu working on Qt5 and hover triggering is working nicely (on macOS), did you expect that?

EDIT: testing it out I think I found a little bug, if you invoke the Piemenu when the mouse is along the screen left/top border, the pie is shifted in order to show all the buttons but if you do it on the right/bottom borders it doesn't work...
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am Thank you!
You're welcome.
I got Piemenu working on Qt5 and hover triggering is working nicely (on macOS), did you expect that?
Thanks for testing and providing feedback. Good to hear hover trigger mode it is working on macOS. Therefore maybe some platform or Qt version specific behavior/issue is at play here. Will do more tests in the future.
pablogil wrote: EDIT: testing it out I think I found a little bug, if you invoke the Piemenu when the mouse is along the screen left/top border, the pie is shifted in order to show all the buttons but if you do it on the right/bottom borders it doesn't work...
There is no logic in PieMenu dealing with this ATM. If PieMenu is invoked at the edge of the screen it shouldn't be fully visible. I can confirm the behavior as you described changed in Qt 5. And PieMenu is moved inside the screen when invoked at top or left border. It can be inconvenient if using hover trigger mode. For now i can't do much about it. Will investigate this as part of PieMenu 2.0 effort. Thanks for reporting it. And too bad if Qt devs decided to change the behavior they only changed it for 2 borders of the screen and not all 4.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I made a small change when it comes to PieMenu menu area behavior for Qt 5. Could you test and see if left/top screen border behavior is now consistent with how it worked on Qt 4? And if there are any new issues observed due to the changes made when using FreeCAD Qt 5 build.

Thanks.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 am I made a small change when it comes to PieMenu menu area behavior for Qt 5. Could you test and see if left/top screen border behavior is now consistent with how it worked on Qt 4? And if there are any new issues observed due to the changes made when using FreeCAD Qt 5 build.

Thanks.
Tested, now it works consistently in 4 borders: it doesn't shift but it goes over the border ;)
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Nice. And thanks for the feedback.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I started a new thread here:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29108

The work on command panel (has much in common with PieMenu 2.0) is not finished yet. But as it is getting there i feel it is time to start tackling PieMenu 2.0 in parallel. I opened a new thread as this one was getting a bit long. In addition there is now a better forum section for such efforts.

Hopefully PieMenu 1.0 was used and useful to some of you and hopefully PieMenu 2.0 will enhance the experience further.