1. Provide warning popup if already assigned/default shortcut is added. If user decides to replace the default shortcut the default shortcut is removed.
2. One button "restore default shortcuts"
Yes things like that are planed. I am not sure if all of them in the first release but the plan is to add such features.
3. Option to export/import shortcut settings, for community to share and help come up with holistic shortcut scheme .
This is planed but likely it won't happen for some time.
triplus wrote:P.S. Additional thing worth considering is should the user be able to set the same "invoke key" + shortcut combination in different workbenches? That is for the same key combination to run different commands depending on the current workbench?
I guess this could be quite powerful, how about reserving one or two hotkeys for module specific shortcuts.
The problem with this approach is it can only work good for relatively small set of workbenches. And user has to think about the invoke key instead of having single one for all workbenches. Having single invoke key and workbench specific shortcut support i guess opens up the possibility to have majority of key combinations on the keyboard available for each workbench. I guess after further thinking about it that does sound good.
Therefore the current plan i guess is:
- Leave default set of shortcuts like they are.
Should ShortCuts provide the ability to view them as seen on the image above? Or would that only confuse the users as they would be "read only"?
- Add new possibility to define workbench specific shortcuts.
This will likely work in a way user presses invoke key and likely some visual input filed will be the result. Inputting key triggers the command if set.
- Add new possibility to define global shortcut.
User i guess will be able to define key that triggers the same command in all workbenches.