Simple iconTheme (v0.5)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
triplus

Re: Simple iconTheme (v0.5)

Postby triplus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi Pablo.

I wanted to wait with this proposal, and to ask for your opinion, once FreeCAD 0.19 development cycle would start. But as now is February and a month or two could easily pass, before the actual FreeCAD 0.18 release happens. Are you interested in adding missing icons, for commands added in FreeCAD 0.18 development cycle?

If yes, my plan is to achieve this things:
  • You adding the missing icon artwork. Basically going over all workbenches, and to add missing icons for new commands on toolbars.
  • We pack that in a theme pack. I will help you with this.
  • I create and release a new version of IconThemes module.
  • I prepare a PR, as upstream code needs small adjustments here and there. For better overall icon themes support.
I estimate all this should be achievable before April. If we miss the FreeCAD 0.18 release, then FreeCAD 0.19 is still on schedule. Things like drop down menus, that should be supported, using this new approach.
pablogil

Postby pablogil » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi Triplus,

My answer is yes, I'm interested but I cannot tell you how quick or slow it will be to design all the icons that left because lately I'm pretty busy with other projects.
Anyway, we could get help from other designers: I can create a similar guidelines as @agryson made for the Tango icons but for my "simple icons" style. That way it would be easier for them to collaborate.

Finally, it would be fantastic to have an official update on this so that FreeCAD natively let the user select not only a stylesheet but a icon theme too.

Cheers
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus

Postby triplus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 pm

pablogil wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm
Hi Triplus,

My answer is yes, I'm interested but I cannot tell you how quick or slow it will be to design all the icons that left because lately I'm pretty busy with other projects.
Great.
Anyway, we could get help from other designers: I can create a similar guidelines as @agryson made for the Tango icons but for my "simple icons" style. That way it would be easier for them to collaborate.

Finally, it would be fantastic to have an official update on this so that FreeCAD natively let the user select not only a stylesheet but a icon theme too.

Cheers
Sounds good.

Reference:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p286055