[Feature Request] Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
paullee

Re: [Feature Request] Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Postby paullee » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks for updating :)
paullee

Re: Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Postby paullee » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:52 pm

realthunder wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:16 pm
I will try merge the Link functionality first, and followed by the topo naming thing including the sketch export. Hopefully it can get into 0.19 in time.
[/quote]

I understand your branch tackled toponaming issue.

Not exactly same problem - In current sketcher implementation, if one edit primarily delete some edges, the edge indexes are 're-ordered', so 'link to external geometry ' to this sketch (link by its edge index) would fails / point to 'wrong' edges.

Wonder whether in your implementation, this is also resolved?

Thanks again.
realthunder

Re: Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Postby realthunder » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:23 am

paullee wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:52 pm
I understand your branch tackled toponaming issue.

Not exactly same problem - In current sketcher implementation, if one edit primarily delete some edges, the edge indexes are 're-ordered', so 'link to external geometry ' to this sketch (link by its edge index) would fails / point to 'wrong' edges.

Wonder whether in your implementation, this is also resolved?

Thanks again.
Yes, it is solved. That is one of the fundamental requirement of a topo naming implementation. In my branch, both external and internal edges in a sketch has an additional integer ID that is unique within the owner sketch, and will not change. Other shapes extruded from the sketch will name their faces and edges based on those IDs, so they should be stable too. And various link properties will use the stable name automatically.
Try Assembly3 (latest version 0.10.2) along with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
paullee

Re: [Feature Request] Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Postby paullee » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:51 am

Thanks. Look forward to the improvements !