Creating a new workbench for photovoltaic

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Creating a new workbench for photovoltaic

Post by Kunda1 »

Solarman wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:04 pm I think FreeCAD would be perfect for such a development.
Hey @Solarman, how are things going?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Some progress:
capture_20210405005447763.jpg
capture_20210405005447763.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3597 times
capture_20210405005419806.jpg
capture_20210405005419806.jpg (753.76 KiB) Viewed 3597 times

Blue color under the tracker are the filling areas and the red ones are cutting areas. Just now I have to figure out how to join them to get volumes.

Functions:
  • Import points from ASC and CVS
  • generate frames
  • autoplace frames
  • generate frames
  • calculate earthworks
  • export to PVSyst
All of them in a very early state
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

:o :shock:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Several questions and lets see if someone can help me:

First one is when I project a point on a mesh in several times I don´t get any solution. I have this problem when I use MeshPart.projectShapeOnMesh or projectPointsOnMesh. In several cases it does not return any value or the wire/line projected is not full. Any solution for this??

Second one is when I try to draw a wire on a mesh/surface or anywhere FreeCAD draw it wherever it wants and never on the mesh. A example is when I want to draw a wire for the boundary. At this moment I draw a wire on the mesh but when I change the view, the wire is in another place and sometimes far away from the mesh. Other example is when I want to posicionate a tree on the mesh. How can I get the real point when I click on the mesh?

Other question. I saw several tool, like when you cut a mesh, drawing a temporal and auxiliary polygon that its does not appear in the tree and later it desapears when you finish this action. how can I do this?

other more. I saw in the forum that there is a version of FreeCAD thar draws shadows. I just donwload the last version and I can´t do this. Is this property enable? Over all this porperty help me to see the shadow projections on the frames and check the distances between them.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Joel_graff wrote: pinged by pinger macro
@Joel_graff can you weigh in on the mesh questions?

re: shadows
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Arch_Site#S ... d_diagrams
Unless you're referring to realthunder's shadows in the viewport (but that's on his experimental LinkStage3 branch
Here's his initial post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 60#p394930
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Thank you Kunda1 for your fast reply.

Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

JavierBrana wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:28 pm Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.
Awesome. Is your repo hosting the PV workbench public?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 am
JavierBrana wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:28 pm Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.
Awesome. Is your repo hosting the PV workbench public?
bump
jan_w

Post by jan_w »

JavierBrana wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:28 pm Thank you Kunda1 for your fast reply.

Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.
Very interesting workbench indeed. Have you thought about exporting an IFC model and then using it in BlenderBIM and Ladybug (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMCuSwsF2aM) ?

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 7&start=50

It looks like you can do yearly solarhour simulations. I wonder if it could be also possible to include Ladybug in Freecad for these type of calculations.
Green Energy

Post by Green Energy »

Hi everyone, I just want to know if actually there is a workbench where we can place photovoltaic pannels and also if we can do that in 2D at first and then in a 3D effect. I'm working on houses most of the time and also on docks but not in photovoltaic farms so I need a 2D plan to get the perfect dimensions to produce a plan for the workers.

Can somebody help me to know if there is a workbench for that ? :D

This is what i'm making actually to give you an idea :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202 ... -titre.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202 ... e-dock.png

Sorry for my english I think u guessed that i'm french :lol:

Thanks for ur future answers and for the precisions that u will give to me !!