Creating a new workbench for photovoltaic

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JavierBrana

Re: Creating a new workbench for photovoltaic

Post by JavierBrana »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 am
JavierBrana wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:28 pm Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.
Awesome. Is your repo hosting the PV workbench public?

I am going to open it soon. There ara several things/troubels and I want to resolve and change them.

Geolocation is very important for this type of project and I import the places with an utm transformation. This implies working in coordinates in kilometers. This causes a lot of errors in FreeCAD. An example:
vallado_error.jpg
vallado_error.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
in place of this:
vallad_normal.jpg
vallad_normal.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
I have realized that I have to work close to the origin (0, 0, 0). Something I don´t want because later it is very dificult add object with geolocaton.
From the begining I used mesh for land object but maybe the best option is use shapes. I can colorize faces, for example, to show analisys results as next example where I did a slope analisys:
slope.png
slope.png (99.16 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
Last edited by JavierBrana on Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Green Energy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:52 pm Hi everyone, I just want to know if actually there is a workbench where we can place photovoltaic pannels and also if we can do that in 2D at first and then in a 3D effect. I'm working on houses most of the time and also on docks but not in photovoltaic farms so I need a 2D plan to get the perfect dimensions to produce a plan for the workers.

Can somebody help me to know if there is a workbench for that ? :D

This is what i'm making actually to give you an idea :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202 ... -titre.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202 ... e-dock.png

Sorry for my english I think u guessed that i'm french :lol:

Thanks for ur future answers and for the precisions that u will give to me !!
Hello "Green Energy".

Yes, there are some tools for this. Wherever you go, Autocad is there so one tool I did is import a layout form Autocad and convert block in objecs (it was designed to convert blocks into 3d frames with strings of pannels). And finally other tool I did is adjust any object to 3d land.

For the future I intend to do the opposite, convert 3d to 2d to be able to make layouts
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Just now I am looking for the best way to make paths/roads, pads, excavatios, trenchs for cable...
jan_w

Post by jan_w »

JavierBrana wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 pm
JavierBrana wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:28 pm Shadows: it is a mix between both. I took Arch as base of my workbench because BIM and I will modify, or rewrite ArchSite to allow sun tracking. At the same time, with the new shadow property of FreeCAD I would like to simulate them.

I am going to open it soon. There ara several things/troubels and I want to resolve and change them.

Geolocation is very important for this type of project and I import the places with an utm transformation. This implies working in coordinates in kilometers. This causes a lot of errors in FreeCAD. An example:

I have realized that I have to work close to the origin (0, 0, 0). Something I don´t want because later it is very dificult add object with geolocaton.
From the begining I used mesh for land object but maybe the best option is use shapes. I can colorize faces, for example, to show analisys results as next example where I did a slope analisys:

slope.png
Yes, I had a similar problem with distorted piles. It seem to be related with the size of the float of the Freecad coordinates. I have a similar workaround, I basically define a local coordinate system for the plant and then use this reference to transform any input/output to a geocoordinate or local coordinate.

The trail workbench developpers have discussed this a bit more in detail(edit: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p449328)

edit2: apparently they already have found some good workaround https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=36362
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Working on pads:
pad_fill.png
pad_fill.png (104.95 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
pad_cut.png
pad_cut.png (68.28 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

jan_w wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:48 am
JavierBrana wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:47 pm

slope.png
Yes, I had a similar problem with distorted piles. It seem to be related with the size of the float of the Freecad coordinates. I have a similar workaround, I basically define a local coordinate system for the plant and then use this reference to transform any input/output to a geocoordinate or local coordinate.

The trail workbench developpers have discussed this a bit more in detail(edit: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p449328)

edit2: apparently they already have found some good workaround https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=36362
Thank you for the info. I will work on this.
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

Roads and its slopes still still in development:
road.jpg
road.jpg (138.13 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Woah, I thought that was Trails WB, lol Nice!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

In Trails WB we already solved the geolocation problems and I'm very interested with your pad and road designs. I'm working on pads feature for Trails. So maybe we can work together to solve our problems.
JavierBrana

Post by JavierBrana »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:57 pm In Trails WB we already solved the geolocation problems and I'm very interested with your pad and road designs. I'm working on pads feature for Trails. So maybe we can work together to solve our problems.
Sure, No doubt. I wanted to clean my code because there are a lot of old and useless code but it is ok. I am opening it:

https://github.com/JavierBrana/PVPlant