Help to create a new macro

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
cinthia lizeth
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

Help to create a new macro

Postby cinthia lizeth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new using FreeCad. I am looking for a strategy to create new macros that allow me to modify data of any piece that I enter in the application. If someone knows something, write me.
chrisb
Posts: 16895
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby chrisb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi cinthia, welcome. Can you please elaborate what kind of pieces you want to enter in which way, and what the macros are supposed to do?
cinthia lizeth
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby cinthia lizeth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm

chrisb wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm
Hi cinthia, welcome. Can you please elaborate what kind of pieces you want to enter in which way, and what the macros are supposed to do?
any type of piece
User avatar
NormandC
Posts: 18534
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby NormandC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:03 am

Chris, this should go in the Python scripting and macros forum.

cinthia, you provide no useful information to help you.
User avatar
hardeeprai
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm
Location: Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Contact:

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby hardeeprai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 am

cinthia lizeth wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm
chrisb wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm
Hi cinthia, welcome. Can you please elaborate what kind of pieces you want to enter in which way, and what the macros are supposed to do?
any type of piece
Is https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Python_ ... g_tutorial not useful?
--
H.S.Rai
mfasano
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby mfasano » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I find the code snippets helpful

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Code_snippets
User avatar
HarryGeier
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 pm
Location: Hof Germany

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby HarryGeier » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:46 am

cinthia,


maybe working with SPREADSHEETS to enter constraint values is the better way than creating macros for value changes..

I would use Macros only for very specific generators of elements that are used many many times with different values.
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
cinthia lizeth
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

Re: Help to create a new macro

Postby cinthia lizeth » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 pm

HarryGeier wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:46 am
cinthia,


maybe working with SPREADSHEETS to enter constraint values is the better way than creating macros for value changes..

I would use Macros only for very specific generators of elements that are used many many times with different values.
The idea is to create new macros, which allow the user to obtain functions of the piece, such as the result of data, where there is a welding joint and to know exactly what is the measurement of each piece of the assembled piece.