Looking for a mentor

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
michav

Looking for a mentor

Post by michav »

Hello freecad community

I am a mechanical engineer interested in integrating freecad into my workflow
Specifically interested in creating my own workbenches for composite molding, assembly instructions, drawing generator, part number generator, and automatic pdf, pdf, stp export

I am a fairly advanced cad user: solidworks, ctia

I am a fairly intermediate python user

I need help getting started with workbench creation

Does anyone want to mentor me for 1-3 hours on google hang out to get me up and running?

I think I have alot to contribute to the freecad community specifically documentation

Please contact me if your interested
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Looking for a mentor

Post by Kunda1 »

While you're waiting for reply, there's a great YouTube channel by JOKO Engineering. He does some comparisons between Solidworks and FreeCAD. He also does some great introductions to different workbenches along with demonstrating how to use certain key combo shortcuts (makes workflow very efficient).
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Joel_graff
Veteran

Re: Looking for a mentor

Post by Joel_graff »

I can set some time aside to give you an overview, if you like. There’s several people around here more qualified than me, though, lol. It really depends on what you need to learn.
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

pivy_trackers 2D coin3D library: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/pivy_trackers