FCMouse Macro(Autohide Docks and Cursor Info)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Re: FCMouse Macro(Autohide Docks and Cursor Info)

Post by HakanSeven12 »

kisolre wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 am Some observations:
When macro is running if there are bottom docked views if I want to switch documents it first shows the bottom views and document tabs move up away from the mouse. Maybe a longer delay for bottom line?
If you want to change document delay will be useful but I think its annoying when you try to open docks.
kisolre wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 am When the Autohide is disabled and docks are manually closed they are automatically shown when the cursor hits a border
You must close macro by pressing "Shift+Q"
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
galou_breizh wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:29 am Nice macro, I invite you to submit it to the official repository https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-macros. The constraints for you would need to add some metadata in your macro. I think it'd better to split your macro and give more specific names like AutoHideDocks.FCMacro and CursorInfo.FCMacro. You also need to accept that other people touch your code.

Thanks in advance,
Gaël
in the metadata you must include the link to the original macro Macro_FCInfoToMouse (la moindre des choses)
HakanSeven12 wrote:
personal opinion :

1: for Autohide and docks (inconfortable display all dock), you must retore the original configuration on quit the macro

2: the spreadsheet option was requested by a user Retrieve and export coordinates

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am in the metadata you must include the link to the original macro Macro_FCInfoToMouse (la moindre des choses)
Hi. I don't think to add it to freecad macros. If there is a problem with using your macro, I can remove mouse info from code.
mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am personal opinion :

1: for Autohide and docks (inconfortable display all dock), you must retore the original configuration on quit the macro
Thats a good idea.
mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am 2: the spreadsheet option was requested by a user Retrieve and export coordinates

mario
I created this macro for my own needs. So I remove it from code.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

mario52 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am 1: for Autohide and docks (inconfortable display all dock), you must retore the original configuration on quit the macro
I added this: https://github.com/HakanSeven12/FCMouse ... ae77cb861e
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

HakanSeven12, thank you so much for your work on this macro. @mario52 thank you for the inspiration of your macro.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:02 pm HakanSeven12, thank you so much for your work on this macro.
You are welcome.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

I had a quick look at the code and it looks ... hmmm don't know how to say it ... a bit dirty ??? :P
I'll have a closer look soon and post my remarks. ;)
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

openBrain wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 pm I had a quick look at the code and it looks ... hmmm don't know how to say it ... a bit dirty ??? :P
I'll have a closer look soon and post my remarks. ;)
It's so dirty because I'm a lazy person :D
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:45 pm It's so dirty because I'm a lazy person :D
I think that you're totally on brand with what the old-timers call a 'hack'. :lol:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
galou_breizh

Post by galou_breizh »

I may add the macro myself but I'll certainly split the "Autohide" and "Cursor Info" functionalities without forgetting to cite all authors. If you disagree, shout!