How to get python from uic tool

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: How to get python from uic tool

Post by openBrain »

drmacro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 pm Here's what has been done on this machine to build freecad:
  • go to FreeCAD wiki use the one line apt install, sans pside2-uic because it's not found.
  • git pull freecad
  • build
That get's what it gets, and here it gets as, I believe I've done nothing other than what is recommended in the current wiki. So, if it's wrong then the wiki is wrong.
I actually doubt FreeCAD is using pyside2-uic to compile but I actually don't really know. ;)
So, what is wrong on the 20.04 machine that it does not pick up the latest pyside/qt...
Hmmm, what is wrong on 20.04 is that they provide different versions for Qt5 and Pyside2 IMO
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

openBrain wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Hmmm, what is wrong on 20.04 is that they provide different versions for Qt5 and Pyside2 IMO
Yes, they took my PySide2 package from Debian Experimental even though I uploaded it there so it wouldn't make it into 20.04. (Normally you upload to Unstable which feeds into the Debian and Ubuntu release pipelines automatically.)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm ...
Yes, they took my PySide2 package from Debian Experimental even though I uploaded it there so it wouldn't make it into 20.04. (Normally you upload to Unstable which feeds into the Debian and Ubuntu release pipelines automatically.)
So, is there a way to cobble this on my 20.04 machine?

:?:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."