Face Selection Shortcut

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
duckmug

Face Selection Shortcut

Post by duckmug »

I've been searching a lot for a solution to a problem.

Basically some times after refining, many triangles are left.

It would be trivial to remove them with defeaturing, however it is hard to select them.

Would it be possible for a macro to come to the rescue and allow you to do something like choosing the first face and the last and have it add to your selection all of the faces in-between them?

This would literally be a life saver.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Face Selection Shortcut

Post by chrisb »

If your posts are based on a similar discussion, you should at least add a link to that discussion. I even considered merging both topics.
duckmug wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:31 am Would it be possible for a macro to come to the rescue and allow you to do something like choosing the first face and the last and have it add to your selection all of the faces in-between them?
Looking at the linked example raises the question how would you determine the faces in between.

The best I can recommend is to use such an imported and converted shape as reference for a native FreeCAD model.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
duckmug

Post by duckmug »

I am sorry, I started a new thread because the first thread was for circular loops and this one is about faces in-between.

We can do whatever you consider appropriate in terms of merging the threads etc.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.