How do I bundle my macros and export them for other users

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
acikgozbc

How do I bundle my macros and export them for other users

Post by acikgozbc »

Hi everyone. I have created a number of macros. They work the best together. I want to somehow bundle these macros and upload so that other people can easily attain them. I also want them to keep their logos, toolbar icons etc. Is it possible? Even better, I can create a workbench, save all macros with related toolbar icons and have people append this workbench to their FreeCAD with the related macros and toolbars etc. Is there a way? Thank you in advance and have a great day!
acikgozbc

Re: How do I bundle my macros and export them for other users

Post by acikgozbc »

Thank you very much those are exactly what I was looking for
acikgozbc

Post by acikgozbc »

These links helped me to create a workbench. However, there are plenty of things that I did not quite understand. What I want to learn is how do I add a macro to my workbench with its logo and appended to a toolbar with a logo. Is there a tutorial link for that task?
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

acikgozbc wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:45 pm These links helped me to create a workbench. However, there are plenty of things that I did not quite understand. What I want to learn is how do I add a macro to my workbench with its logo and appended to a toolbar with a logo. Is there a tutorial link for that task?
It's no more a macro, but a command of the workbench : https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Workbench_c ... definition
edi

Post by edi »

In https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59334 you find a container macro.
That means a macro containing many macros which in the past had been individual macros.
Each "submacro" has a button to start it.
Each "submacro" is a python class having attributs and methods using fixed names.
Insertion of a new "submacro" requires only adding one line (and the new pyton class).