Screw Maker

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
shaise

Re: Screw Maker

Post by shaise »

Hi Ulrich,

It looks like with OCC V7.2 (FreeCad 0.17 & up) there are some issues with creating nuts with real threads.
For example M4 or M5 nut, Iso 4032. the error I get:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/shaise/Documents/Personal/freecad/FreeCAD_Macros/ScrewMaker.FCMacro", line 1951, in guiCreateScrew
    myObj = self.theScrew.createScrew(ST_text, ND_text, NL_text, threadType)
  File "C:/Users/shaise/Documents/Personal/freecad/FreeCAD_Macros/ScrewMaker.FCMacro", line 2365, in createScrew
    screw = self.makeIso4032(ST_text, ND_text)
  File "C:/Users/shaise/Documents/Personal/freecad/FreeCAD_Macros/ScrewMaker.FCMacro", line 4836, in makeIso4032
    nutShell = Part.Shell(nutFaces)
Part.OCCError: Shape is not a shell
Thanks!
trimetr

Post by trimetr »

ulrich1a wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:42 pm I made an update to Screw Maker, in order to play together with Bodies and Parts. The screws do now observe the placement of a Body. If the Body is inside of a Part, the screw is added to the Part as well. I tried to improve the orientation of the screw-placement. So hopefully there are less cases with flipped screws inserted.

Ulrich
Hi Ulrich,

please can you advise me with running your macro screw 2.2. I am new with FreeCAD. See the attached message that I always see when I am trying to execute the macro. What shall I do?
Thank you.

Trimetr
Attachments
Snímek obrazovky 2019-04-23 v 21.57.56.png
Snímek obrazovky 2019-04-23 v 21.57.56.png (27.26 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

Hi there,

sorry for using this old discussion but I need a M8 screw with a fine thread and doesn't find any of these norms/screws in the macro (e.g. DIN 960). Is there an option to include also the fine threads anyhow or has someone a (set of) FCst files with the usual diameters for screws and nuts for me?

Thanks a lot ...
distrom

Post by distrom »

I fixed the macro so that it works with FreeCAD 0.18
Attachments
screwmaker22.zip
(35.54 KiB) Downloaded 219 times