[ Bug ] Draft problem with coordinate input

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
carlopav

Re: [ Bug ] Draft problem with coordinate input

Postby carlopav » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:21 pm

fc_tofu wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Other issues I thought as limitation of FC coordinate, pls give some consideration.
1. DraftWB, if you enter a unitless number, FC treat it as "mm", not prefered-unit-system, ie, MKS (Preferences>General>Unit>Unit system).
2. Most workbenches (PartWB/PartDesignWB/Sketcher/TechDraw), donnot take prefered-unit-system as a matter. They alway use "mm", or adatpive unit in some cases.
3. FC saves prefered-unit-system in Preferences ("user.cfg"), which is not as convinient as file properties (.FCStd), IMHO.
thanks fc_tofu, I agree with what you point out, but that's beyond my possibilities ATM. Consider that with this PR it will be more difficult to delete the units in the inputfields since just the numerical part will be selected by default.
fc_tofu

Re: [ Bug ] Draft problem with coordinate input

Postby fc_tofu » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 pm

carlopav wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:21 pm
fc_tofu wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Other issues I thought as limitation of FC coordinate, pls give some consideration.
1. DraftWB, if you enter a unitless number, FC treat it as "mm", not prefered-unit-system, ie, MKS (Preferences>General>Unit>Unit system).
2. Most workbenches (PartWB/PartDesignWB/Sketcher/TechDraw), donnot take prefered-unit-system as a matter. They alway use "mm", or adatpive unit in some cases.
3. FC saves prefered-unit-system in Preferences ("user.cfg"), which is not as convinient as file properties (.FCStd), IMHO.
thanks fc_tofu, I agree with what you point out, but that's beyond my possibilities ATM. Consider that with this PR it will be more difficult to delete the units in the inputfields since just the numerical part will be selected by default.
ok, thank you.

Whith your fix applied on my machine, normal input unit can avoid focus as this fix's intention. But, with x/y/z constraint, unit focus issue still exist.

version: FreeCAD_0.19.19510_x64_LP_12.1.2_PY3QT5-WinVS2015