ArchSketch + ArchWall ( Multiple Width / Individual Align ) = Building Layout Object

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
geolux

Re: ArchSketch + ArchWall ( Multiple Width / Individual Align ) = Building Layout Object

Postby geolux » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:45 am

great work @paullee, the problem of different align and width of the wall is one of main problem that make FC not very easy and speed in arch drawing.
But I'm thinking at a different approach to resolve it. Be clear that I'm not a programmer but only a user in this field.
My idea is this.
I think that the issuse born because we need to have a correct intersection betwen tha walls without line among it. Right?
Actual solution is to merge the wall (indeed the baselines) and the interscetion lines disappare. And we'll have some different walls in the same subgroup of the tree.
All the other arch/bim software leave all the walls as single object and have developed an algoritm the hide the intersection line. So you are able to modify a single wall.
Repeat, I like so much ArchSkecth, but I wonder if is easyer to solve the problem at the base and go in the rigth way for a Architectural draw
paullee

Re: ArchSketch + ArchWall ( Multiple Width / Individual Align ) = Building Layout Object

Postby paullee » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

geolux wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:45 am
My idea is this.
I think that the issuse born because we need to have a correct intersection betwen tha walls without line among it. Right?
Actual solution is to merge the wall (indeed the baselines) and the interscetion lines disappare. And we'll have some different walls in the same subgroup of the tree.
All the other arch/bim software leave all the walls as single object and have developed an algoritm the hide the intersection line. So you are able to modify a single wall.
Repeat, I like so much ArchSkecth, but I wonder if is easyer to solve the problem at the base and go in the rigth way for a Architectural draw

Check this out, another approach :)
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44965

BTW, what is in your mind 'to modify a single wall' ? I do not use Revit, just AutoCAD more than 10 years ago.
paullee

Postby paullee » Sat May 23, 2020 11:21 am

OK, tried to add support for Multi-Material in this workflow ...

... but somehow fix Offset support in ArchWall based on Sketch first :lol:

phpBB [video]
Attachments
ArchWall.py
(77.92 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
DraftGeomUtils.py
(122.62 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Test_ ArchWall_ Multi-Material.fcstd
(27.4 KiB) Downloaded 1 time