Arch Schedule

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Arch Schedule

Post by yorik »

I've just committed a first draft of an Arch Schedule tool.

It works very simply, if you have a model containing any kind of Arch objects, just press the button.
Right now only the "Quantity schedule" type works, and it will only gather objects for volume calculation (columns, beams, walls, etc). Later I'll add area calculations (for windows, roofs, panels, etc) and object count (sanitary appliances etc). It will also have two other modes, one that makes a simple list of spaces with areas, uses and finishes, and another that builds a doors & windows schedule.

If you store prices in your materials, the tool will also calculate prices. The prices must be stored with the same units as what you specify in the Arch Scedule task panel (for ex. if you use m³ and euro, the price stored in the material must be in euro/m³). Also, be sure to correctly set the "Role" property of your Arch objects, because that is how it will be picked by the tool.

Of course this is not meant to be a full scheduling tool (yet :geek: ), rather a simple gathering, meant to be worked further manually in a proper spreadsheet app. Anyway, I think it can be useful to quickly generate some rough estimates and also explore options (ex: what is the cost impact if Wall A becomes entirely glass instead of brick).
Renato Rebelo

Re: Arch Schedule

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Congratulations, this is a big step toward BIM.
I will test and then say what I thought about it.
greetings,
Renato
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you