bitacovir wrote:I think focusing on the development of a very good box of tools and functions is a first priority.
Some minor changes for better user experience in Arch that I have thought of:
* Separating the organizing tools and the construction tools in the toolbar. First time I tested Arch I thought floor was a tool for creating floors not organizing a story. Also rearranging the rather messy menus. (I have done this in my ArchGui and can post it if there is interest.)
* Have grid settings for new Arch documents that is reasonable for buildings (and can be set in Arch preferences) like 10x10 m, 0.1 m grid.
* Same as above for view (camera) when creating a new Arch document
* Right-click in treeview to add organizing objects like building, floor etc. Also VisGroup by right clicking would be nice to be able to colouring groups of objects easily.
Then there are other that takes more coding:
* Better preset structures and handling. The current needs further development
* Usage of .FCStd files for storing preset windows/doors would enable user-designed windows/doors and sharing of standard designs (using BOLT?)