Solar diagrams

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
microelly2

Re: Solar diagrams

Postby microelly2 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Kunda1 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:11 pm
It would be awesome exposure if there was a FreeCAD ladybug module
it's interesting to check how difficult is it to port a grasshopper plugin to PyFlow. Hopeful if it is simple , we can conquer other plugins too. :lol:
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:48 pm

microelly2 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 pm
it's interesting to check how difficult is it to port a grasshopper plugin to PyFlow. Hopeful if it is simple , we can conquer other plugins too. :lol:
I agree with this verbiage 'conquer'. If this barrier is overcome, especially within the different demographics of education, DIY, inventors/hobbyists...fugetaboutit
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
ReD_CoDE

Postby ReD_CoDE » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:22 pm

microelly2 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 pm
Kunda1 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:11 pm
It would be awesome exposure if there was a FreeCAD ladybug module
Dear friends,

Instead of focusing on PyFlow (personally, love Python as an architet who doesn't know to program), let's focus on Javascript which will bring us a cross-platform which works everywhere

Our GitHub project not only can give to FreeCAD community a visual programming platform, but also will help in IFC and IFC related approaches

https://github.com/IfcXtreme/IfcXtreme
https://github.com/IfcXtreme/flood

So, if you know Python and Javascript well, let's collaborate guys

CC: @yorik @bernd @Moult
Leadership is opening the doors for others to go through
bitacovir

Postby bitacovir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:17 am

ReD_CoDE wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:22 pm
let's collaborate guys
The developers of FreeCAD always have said that they are too busy working on other FreeCAD priorities. So, maybe it is a better strategy if you could start with this project as an external workbench and later ask for more collaboration to other community members.
Anyway, maybe an IFC link is a good motivation.
::bitacovir::
===================================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

My Blog
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
looo

Postby looo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:51 am

ReD_CoDE wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Instead of focusing on PyFlow (personally, love Python as an architet who doesn't know to program), let's focus on Javascript which will bring us a cross-platform which works everywhere

I do not agree. In my eyes pyflow is the tool freecad needs. Once integrated tightly in freecad we will see a lot of use-cases where pyflow will be useful.

Why using JavaScript for the same thing which is possible with libraries we already depend on...
ReD_CoDE

Postby ReD_CoDE » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:10 am

It's up to you, if you think PyFlow is good enough, no problem work on it

Just time will show that who was right and who was wrong

In FreeCAD community I see some negative things which first of all will effect on you
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 am

ReD_CoDE wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:10 am
It's up to you, if you think PyFlow is good enough, no problem work on it

Just time will show that who was right and who was wrong

In FreeCAD community I see some negative things which first of all will effect on you
Ok this thread is getting hijacked. If we want to discuss this in more depth, we should move this tangent to another thread. I will say this and then we should end this tangent here.

It's not about who is wrong or right. It's about someone stepping up to write the code and then maintainers that can maintain (which means packaging). There is no doubt that javascript has a dedicated community and widespread adoption, but most of this community is built around python. There is no talk at all here of javascript, very rarely except json. so what you are asking means change to many things (change is good but is it sustainable?). OK, end of hijacked thread.
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
ReD_CoDE

Postby ReD_CoDE » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:49 am

I understand what you say, and I'm not a programmer, so anytime some friends decided to work on PyFlow or any other Python framework I will help with to choose the best solutions than PyFlow.
PyFlow is good and can be part of the solution

And about Javascript, I don't say we should work on it instead of Python. We can work on Python-based solutions but have an eye to the future, someday FreeCAD like other authoring software in the industry has to be cross-platform

I end up here and if you want, it's better to open a new topic