Changing TeighaFileConverter options

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lalberts

Changing TeighaFileConverter options

Post by lalberts »

Dear FreeCAD Arch users,

I want to have different settings for the TeigaFileConverter when importing a DWG File. (I used to have it on format 2000 dxf output)
I would want to try dwg2013 or else, but FreeCAD starts straigth on with the conversion once the dwg file is selected.
I may change the settings but not save them..and the actual import is going with the old parameters?
Starting TeighaFileConverter as standalone is fine, since there it is not starting unless one says so..

where to change this behaviour in FC ?

Thanks
Lukas, Esslingen
regis

Re: Changing TeighaFileConverter options

Post by regis »

lalberts wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm Dear FreeCAD Arch users,

I want to have different settings for the TeigaFileConverter when importing a DWG File. (I used to have it on format 2000 dxf output)
I would want to try dwg2013 or else, but FreeCAD starts straigth on with the conversion once the dwg file is selected.
I may change the settings but not save them..and the actual import is going with the old parameters?
Starting TeighaFileConverter as standalone is fine, since there it is not starting unless one says so..

where to change this behaviour in FC ?

Thanks
Lukas, Esslingen
I'm not sure what your intentions are, but if your intention is to obtain dwg in freecad, well, i have had alot of troubles understanding how to manipulate the teigha file converter so, my recommendation will be to work with dxf. they are handled much better in freecad.
lalberts

Post by lalberts »

Thanks a lot for this information.

But the handling with TeighaFileconverter with FC is troublesome? once your first settings fixed, I can not find the way to change it.

Well so my first guess was right to start with dxf settings.. but somewhere one should be able to change this..

Lukas
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Currently there is no way to change that. Look into Draft/importDWG.py file, what are the parameters you need to change? We could add an option box for users to be able to change the default options if needed...