Better Workflow 4? --- Move with Host Derivative --- Attach+Align ToWall

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Better Workflow 4? --- Move with Host Derivative --- Attach+Align ToWall

Post by paullee »

Hi, further to earlier experiments and discussion threads, the following videos are demonstration of further test of concepts.

This is developed along the idea of 'Move with Host' (which I do not fully manage) and some properties similar to AutoCAD's Block.

1st Video
- The window and door are 'Attached' to the wall
- Editing the Wall's underlying sketch edge disposition / alignment, the window / door will follow
- In this development, the window / door can follow the alignment/orientation of the wall
- (An option in data dialog - Attach to Edge & Alignment)
- (Other options are 'Attach to Edge ', 'Follow only OffsetXyz & Rotation)

2nd Video
- The window/door relative position (offset from end of wall) could be adjusted in Data Tab
- The particular wall in the wall group to attach could be adjusted in Data Tab as Edge[index]
- (No need to bother Draft Snap ... )

3rd Video
- Previous concept: All element Attach to Axis
- So when the Axis move, all elements 'attached' to it move altogether
- It is Not exactly the same as AutoCAD's block (as the 'content' is not defined in a 'block', so I can't Insert another 'instance' of the 'block' ) - they just move / rotate altogether following the Axis (I call it Placement Axis)

(Warning - as reiterated before, there is no persistent naming of sketch edge (realthunder is working on something) and the Edge[index] will change when delete/add edge in sketch. I get a workaround but it is highlyyyy unproductive)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]