1) Feature Request - Identification of 'Inside / Outside' + Finishes & Material
- Currently, an Arch Window / Door has not much distinction between either sides
- The Opening Direction is not distinguished along this concept also - so Arc90 or Arc90Inv has provided no idea whether it is opened 'inward' or 'outward' (the hinge 'position' has to be taken into account to identify)
- For a number of case, the facing material and finishes of a door 'inside' and 'outside' are different - e.g. outside wood veneer, inside paint.
- For IGU, the inner glass pane and outer glass pane could be different
- Sometime, the door frame material is slightly different too.
- There is indication of the window/door to distinguish one side from another
- (For a door in the middle of a corridor, yes the concept of 'inside'/'outside' is not applicable, but it works for a lot of cases - inside a room out outside i.e. toward the corridor)
- There could be input for Finishes & Materials for Door/Window Face (Inside/Outside), Frame etc.
This would also be ignored when drafting in AutoCAD, I would rather open a spreadsheet listing out all door / window and has a few column filling in their 'inward / inside' and 'outward / outside' finishes.
- The exact 'hinge' edge is selected on the underlying sketch - for one opening direction, the door /widow leaf is drawn correctly in 3d
- Then, for its 'Inv' direction, as the door leaf has thickness but ArchWindow still use exactly the same edge in pivoting the door swing, the door leaf is superimposed into the door frame - see screencapture
(I have read ArchWindow.py code but far from figuring out exactly every details how it works...)