Window does not cut hole in wall

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Window does not cut hole in wall

Post by yorik »

Your rationale is basically what's behind the IFC format, where they say everything should be relatable to anything else... It is such an important concept that the relationship itself is actually a separate object.

Of course I'm not advocating to remove anything. But it's interesting to reflect on the reasons why something is the way it is...
JonWalter

Post by JonWalter »

the window sill is set higher than the cut plan of your view range - or the window head is set lower than your view range, it will not cut the way you want it to. If this is the case, use the 'Plan Region' (View Tab, Plan Views pulldown Plan Region). This will allow you to create an instance in the location you choose to change the view settings.

Create a rectangle around the window that is not cutting appropriately with the Plan Region tool and then set the view settings of that particular plan vregion. I find this helpful in basements where the windows are close to the ceiling, sometimes around stairs where I want the cut line in a different place and even fireplaces where the opening to the fireplace is below the cut plane.

Let me know if this works for you.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think the above message is from a spambot... There are no such tools (yet) in FreeCAD :shock: (it seems taken from Revit) But the accuracy of those spambots is impressive!
JonWalter

Post by JonWalter »

Naaa
Just copy past it.[example]
I was searching the answer for this topic :oops:
Sorry.
ioannes

Post by ioannes »

Hello people. I was having the same problem. I solved the problem by canceling the normal field in the tree view of the wall. I use version 0.17 of FreeCAD on Linux Slackware.