Highlighting an ArchObject...

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
zbigg

Highlighting an ArchObject...

Post by zbigg »

hello,

An object in Architectural Workbench can be selected/marked and becomes highlighted: partially/subobjects/ or as a whole.
What is actually the difference/consequence of highlithing eg a whole wall object or its sub components?
If the subcomponent cannot be manipulated/and so looks to me now/ - should it be maybe reasonable to enable higlighting
in such extent which can be somehow edited/manipulated on given level ?
cheers,
yorik
Founder

Re: Highlighting an ArchObject...

Post by yorik »

highlighting is a general feature of freecad, not particular to the arch stuff. There are plenty of uses for that, you might want to select individual faces/edges for a number of reasons, for ex. when working with sketches
zbigg

Post by zbigg »

yorik wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 pm highlighting is a general feature of freecad, not particular to the arch stuff. There are plenty of uses for that, you might want to select individual faces/edges for a number of reasons, for ex. when working with sketches
Thanks for the reply. Above is clear to me, maybe I should ask rather: isnt that so UI logic says to enable activation only these object/part
which can be modified on given level? Some hierarchy?
I mean its a bit confusing when you can highlite a vertex/edge/face/ object in eg. Arch Workbench and can actually do nothing with it.
Are you somehow familiar with Blender maybe?
cheers,
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

There are two levels of selection: Whole object and subobject. When you select a subobject (edge, face, etc), the whole object it belongs to is also selected (although not highlighted). If you double-click an object, then only the whole object is selected, and no subobject.

But for Arch, both work. You can just select a subobject and commands that need a whole object will work the same way