[PR] [0.18] [0.19_pre] Arch Stair - More Geometry Control? Profile Generator

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
paullee

Re: [PR] [0.18] [0.19_pre] Arch Stair - More Geometry Control? Profile Generator

Postby paullee » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 pm

dimitar wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 am
Have you looked at the wall creation in Blender with the architools addon? It's not 100% intuitive, but it does a pretty decent job.

Thanks again for the images.

I am not an experienced user of blender, just tested playing around importing Obj, texture mapping, simlle rendering .

Any video tutorial you remember ... or any feature / workflow you think worth implementing... ?
dimitar

Re: [PR] [0.18] [0.19_pre] Arch Stair - More Geometry Control? Profile Generator

Postby dimitar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 pm

paullee wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 pm

I am not an experienced user of blender, just tested playing around importing Obj, texture mapping, simlle rendering .

Any video tutorial you remember ... or any feature / workflow you think worth implementing... ?
Not sure about implementing, but i always find it interesting to research other people's take on the same challenges. With Architectural objects, there seem to be plenty.

In case you would like to try the archipack stair generator, I've recorded a video that shows how to use it:

phpBB [video]

a few more useful references:

Archicad is meant to have a very good stair design tool, much better than Revit's. I haven't used it yet, but here is the documentation - https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/64747/

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Catia has pretty good tools in all areas which I will be referencing constantly, but i am struggling to find videos of their stair generator.

Hope this is useful
paullee

Postby paullee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks, the ability to 'draw' a staircase, like ArchWall be drawn is good :)

Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge to implement this - anybody? :lol:

It is inspiring what can/should be done though