Removing an object from parent

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GaryCad

Removing an object from parent

Post by GaryCad »

I'm a Newbie and not an architect by any means but do find FC useful as a tool for basic floor plans. I've created a floor plan in ARCH. I've searched and read a lot and tried the suggestions with no success. The plan is 90% complete and I just wanted to readjust some of the room sizes. However, I'm find this very difficult. The walls have merged themselves together. I can't take them apart. I tried Changing all values to False for Keep with Parent object. I tried highlighting all and using the "minus sign". These commands do not seem to separate them. Is there any other way to separate walls that I have not tried? Thank you.

FC REV. 13522 (Git)
Release: Free-CAD-0-17
Word Size: 64-bit

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dell System XPS L502X
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU System SKUNumber
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A06, 7/20/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Platform Role Mobile
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.90 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.38 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.60 GB
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Removing an object from parent

Post by Kunda1 »

Please don't necro-bump old threads. Start a new one + It helps us to help you if we know what your Help > About FreeCAD > Copy to clipboard as well as attaching the FC file.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Hi Gary, welcome here. I have split the topic and moved to the Arch forum. Please edit the subject of your first post to something more meaningful concerning the contents. It might help to find the right helpers and it helps others having simmilar issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
regis

Post by regis »

Hello Gary,

Please can you also provide some pictures to show what is going on? and also probably provide your file for testing? Sometimes it is hard to make sense of complex processes without visuals and without manipulating the object aswell.