Draft Edit improvements

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
carlopav
Veteran

Re: Draft Edit improvements

Post by carlopav »

yorik wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm We could actually change that to use ActiveView.getObjectsInfo() that returns all the objects under the mouse, and look if an edit poin is in that list.
I'll give it a try!
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

yorik wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm ActiveView.getObjectsInfo() that returns all the objects under the mouse, and look if an edit poin is in that list.
Seems like the list returned by getObjectsInfo() ignore the editpoints... could this be possible or am i mistaking something?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hmm it might be indeed... We need to look at the code and check for differences between getObjectInfo and getObjectsInfo.

Another idea, if not possible to depend on getObjectsInfo: We do our own routine:

- take the point returned by getObjectInfo, no matter which object was clicked
- take the view direction (ortho cameras) or a vector from the point to the camera position (perspective cameras)
- take another vector from the clicked point to all our edit points
- for each of these, get the angle between it and the view direction vector
- if they are aligned (angle is 0° or 180°), then this edit point is exactly in the line of our clicked point. Then we can consider it was clicked.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Wow. Ok I'll give it a try, also of it doesn't looks so easy to me :) thanks Yorik!
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

I'm very proud of arc editing :) I think i'll move to walls and windows following yorik suggestion, if any of you have some ideas on what to move with editpoints is welcome! (also the task panel could be customized for every object type)
3CQoTxequh.gif
3CQoTxequh.gif (533.64 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Moult

Post by Moult »

Just replying so I can subscribe to this thread and get updates. The work looks absolutely great! Good job!
I also blog about 3D rendering, architecture, software and other on thinkMoult.com. RSS / Atom feed available for your convenience.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Thanks moult! If you have some thoughts to share or things that u would like to be present in that tool feel free to write it, i'd really appreciate it!
regis

Post by regis »

Hehe pretty impressive @Carlopav
I didn't realize you had top noch programming skills :D
carlopav wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 pm If you have some thoughts to share or things that u would like to be present in that tool feel free to write it, i'd really appreciate it!
Since you are asking, don't worry, i'm pretty creative, there are a few things that came up to mind the other day, canj't remember them just yet. But will get back at you with it.

Also how do you create those giffs, or videos? i've been trying to figure that out.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Thx Regis, it's nothing serious :)
I used shared https://getsharex.com to capture a gif. And resize the freecad window to save on file size!
Moult

Post by Moult »

@Regis, if you are inclined towards using Linux-like tools, ffmpeg can do what you are asking for:

ffmpeg -video_size 1920x1080 -framerate 25 -f x11grab -i :0.0+0,0 test.mp4
ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -vf scale=480:270 my gif.gif

The first line records your full screen at that resolution (change as necessary) and the second line converts it to a gif at 480x270 resolution.
I also blog about 3D rendering, architecture, software and other on thinkMoult.com. RSS / Atom feed available for your convenience.