Hi, I start this thread to discuss the captioned particular case regarding Profile / Extrusion Generator.
ArchWall with 'Multi-Width' Capability ?
- Currently ArchWall, no matter how many edges, adopt constant width
- No simple way doing a continuous wall, e.g. RC wall, with different width for different 'segment'
- - See screenCaptures and file attached with attempts to do it
- - Creating 4 different Walls has their corners become 'open bird mouth' shape
- To 'simulate' an ArchWall with multiple width ...
- I use the same sketch / wire with multi-edges, and click Stairs which produce a 'landing'
- Adjust the 'thickness' of structure to say 3000mm as if it is 'height' (+ placement)
- Adjust the 'widths' of the Landing in the 'Width of Landing' which accept a list of different width
- Now a 'wall' like extrusion with multiple width is generated
- And 'house' the 'Stairs-Landing' object in an ArchWall
- In the first place, any needs for a 'multi-width' ArchWall - seem i start to find usecases
- Then, should the code in Stairs for 'multiple width landing' (needs some more works...) be directly adopted / referenced in ArchWall so it has this capability 'inherently',
- Or, just let Stairs-Landing to work as an Profile / Face / Extrusion Generator for Wall to host it?
- It seems in the example, ArchWall only 'host' the 3d extrusion and have no knowledge about its height...
- So, if Stairs-Landing can select to generate the 2d-Profile (/ 2d-Face ), ArchWall can use its Height to generate the extrusion, so it know its height -- screenCapture
- Thanks for any idea
- This maybe more of a discussion about intuition, convention, ease of understanding and workflow...?
- Stair-Landing do not treat a 'close' wire 'properly' currently as in ScreenCapture with the last and first point of wall not 'merged'...(never imagine a 'close-loop landing'
- When I attempt the codes in Stair-Landing, there was no App::PropertyLengthList, so used PropertyFloatList...
- Maybe it is time to make it for consistency?
Constant Width ArchWall + 4 different Width Wall .
Stairs [Landing] to imitate Extrusion of 'Multi-Width Wall', host under Wall .
Stairs [Landing] to generate 2d-Profile / 2d-Face .
ArchWall generate Extursion based on Stairs generated 2d-Profile / 2d-Face