Property angle of axes doesn't work

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
carlopav

Re: Property angle of axes doesn't work

Postby carlopav » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Good to know, thx!
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
FATHI RAMMAH

Postby FATHI RAMMAH » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 am

Kunda1 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 pm
FATHI RAMMAH wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm
chrisb wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 am
You may fix it on Github and make a pull request!
i really like to do that but i'm not familiar with gethub yet ,so if you can fix it on gethub so that would be great .
The community would be happy to help you learn how to use Github. It is worth it and facilitates faster reviewing/testing. There is a a page on the wiki dedicated to this: Github. There is also a thread dedicated to this, I can't seem to recall where... but open a new thread and ask for assistance. ;)
hellow Kunda1 and thank you for your help ,until i learn Githup ,if you are familiar with Githup and you can fix it there ,then do it i have no problem with that
honestly ,i have started working on new GUI for the Axes Command and its in progress ,it has the possibility to use the mouse to pick the Axis position
thank you
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.5 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 pm

FATHI RAMMAH wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 am
until i learn Githup ,if you are familiar with Githup and you can fix it there ,then do it i have no problem with that
honestly
Well, you can use the terminal or the GUI. What do you prefer? I learned a lot faster using the GUI but because of that I sacrificed not leaning git commands so well. That's fine, it gets me by. I'm not a git expert but I can manage :)
FATHI RAMMAH wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 am
i have started working on new GUI for the Axes Command and its in progress ,it has the possibility to use the mouse to pick the Axis position
Awesome!
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Excellent Fathi, having a better UI for axes will be very welcome.

Working with github (or any other git hosting such as gitlab) is a bit hard at first, but after a while it becomes very easy and practical. Tell us when you need help!

Regarding the fix, I think you can easily 1) go to https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD 2) Try to edit the file 3) github will propose you to fork FreeCAD and make the fix in your copy 4) After you do the fix, it will propose you to make a pull request. So I think it can be pretty easy.

I would encourage you to try that, so you'll already have all your github fork set up for you, but we can add your fix too if you prefer.