Arch Building Part still touched after recompute

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

Re: Arch Building Part still touched after recompute

Post by bernd »

Still there is some problem which might be related to App::link, but may be it is a feature not a bug.

To get the real objects with the real colors the project and site objects needs to be switched off and all buildings needs to switched on. All this has to be done manually. This is really cumbersome especially on huge modells with multiple buildings. It seams the project and the site group have their own shape with totally different colors then the real colors of the objects.

Furthermore if the view is tongled the object is marked to recompute. This is strange for me too.

view-problem.FCStd
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

screen2.png
screen2.png (74.55 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

screen.png
screen.png (74.3 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
furti

Post by furti »

bernd wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 am To get the real objects with the real colors the project and site objects needs to be switched off and all buildings needs to switched on.
I also stumbled accross this issue a few minutes before. Even worse, when I do a IFC import of a Site containing some buildings, the Shape of the Site, that is stored inside the IFC file seems to be overriden with the Shape of the building.

I had an file created with an older 0.19 Version before the Link Merge, and the Shape of the site was imported correctly there.

The blue thing in the Screenshot is the Mesh of the site i copied from an older FreeCAD import. With a new Version I couldn't get this shape to display. Only a compound of all the buildings underneath the Site Object is displayed for the Site.
Site_IFC_IMport.png
Site_IFC_IMport.png (79.19 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
The Version with the Problem is:

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18504 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: f66023a646db4b2502bb3637897443b3525ca3c7
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Austria (de_AT)
furti

Post by furti »

realthunder wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am I just submitted a PR for a quick fix
The fix works for me. Thanks for that :)

But I found another minor issue.
1. Create a Group
2. Add an object to the group. I think it does not matter what object it is. I tested with a simple Part Cube.
3. Toggle the visibility of the group.

Now the Group is Touched but not recomputed. Clicking the recompute button removes the touched state.
It does not matter if one hides or shows the group. It is always touched and not recomputed.

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18504 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: f66023a646db4b2502bb3637897443b3525ca3c7
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Austria (de_AT)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

furti wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:48 pm ... Even worse, when I do a IFC import of a Site containing some buildings, the Shape of the Site, that is stored inside the IFC file seems to be overriden with the Shape of the building ...
Same here since I heavily use the import of IFC into FreeCAD, but realthunder might not even know what IFC is, thus I used a simple example.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

furti wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm Now the Group is Touched but not recomputed. Clicking the recompute button removes the touched state.
It does not matter if one hides or shows the group. It is always touched and not recomputed.
This is actually a 'new feature' for group so that one can obtain a compound shape of the group and use it for modeling. The 'touch' behavior is to make sure the group shape content is in sync. I have made this an optional feature now, and only enabled in App::Part by default. The patch involves quite a few other changes, so may take a while.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
furti

Post by furti »

@realthunder sounds good to me :)
realthunder wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 pm This is actually a 'new feature' for group so that one can obtain a compound shape of the group and use it for modeling. The 'touch' behavior is to make sure the group shape content is in sync. I have made this an optional feature now, and only enabled in App::Part by default.
This sounds a bit like it would solf the problem @bernd mentioned with the arch site? As it is a group too it might have got the shape syncing logic you describe.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

realthunder wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 pm ... The patch involves quite a few other changes, so may take a while.
would you drope if you have made a PR?
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 pm
realthunder wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 pm ... The patch involves quite a few other changes, so may take a while.
would you drope if you have made a PR?
You mean notify here? Sure. The patch set is mostly about some new behavior of App::Part, but affects plain group too.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

realthunder wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 am ... You mean notify here? Sure ...
Yes here. I just would like to give it a try ASAP to give feedback.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

any news here. This is still not solved.